Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Big Horse.

I am so blessed. Beautiful day, a barnful of amazing horses, and incredible people to work with. And yet, the Lord chose to bless me "extra" today by letting me ride Stormy. We worked a half in company with S, on Bold, and the feeling this horse gives me is just...unlike anything I've ever felt. He goes on cruise control, and all I have to do is sit against him and wait for his big kick down the lane...I've never had to smooch to him or show him the stick, he does it all on his own, so easily that he feels like he's just out for a normal gallop. Everything about him makes me happy.

On other random notes, quickly as I am desperate for sleep--

1. Blackie runs tomorrow, Ella on Friday and Rocketman on Saturday. Should be a good weekend for the barn and our morales!
2. GemGem was a rockstar at the gate today, flopping like a champ. Aside from his rearing stunt in the barn, he was the utmost professional.
3. Flash is finally starting to feel a little more like his old self...showing more spunk and happiness than he has since he came back to the track. He works tomorrow, hopefully he'll be dragging me to the pole. :)
4. Goldie went in a figure 8 and tongue tie today and it didn't seem to affect her for the better OR the worse...so I guess that was a bust...BUT she did gallop beautifully today, and works tomorrow...I want her to make it, darn it! I will keep brainstorming for her but hopefully she will redeem herself tomorrow.
5. Dancer managed to lope all the way up to our gap nice and relaxed with no spazztastic moments until AFTER we got off the track..when he managed to get someone dumped on the concrete. Atta boy.

Some of Nat's latest beautiful pictures:
Diva...
And BoldBold:

'Til tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment