Friday, May 21, 2010

Gold star for Kazzie!

First thing this morning, after I set the tack, I went down to the barn where Kazzie is to check on her and see if her bandages had survived the night. Well, they hadn't. She was laying on one of them and the other was buried somewhere deep. Sigh. She was still sleeping...at least until I had to pull the bandage out from underneath her, which woke her right up. Goofy girl. Ran back to the main barn to get the morning started...all the horses were lovely today, especially Butters. Finally it was time to go back over and get on the Freight Train. We decided to send her in the loose ring snaffle today, as the ring bit was a bit strong for her little baby mouth. It was a good decision. Everything was SO much BETTER today! She did have a little blooper backing up, and decided that the trash cans lined up by the first turn were simply too scary to continue...she backed up and then did a 180, almost getting me off over her shoulder, but I hung on. Finally got back to the wire. SHE STOOD OUT! Yay, Kaz! At least until she decided she was ready to go...then there was no arguing with her. So off we went, slightly ahead of Sought. I felt a little more solid on her, so I stood up on her right away and just focused on staying behind her motion, keeping my leg on and keeping a feel of her mouth. Sought caught up and passed us, and Kaz let out several big bucks...and then promptly realized she was exhausted. So from the 3/8th's pole on, I had to really urge the buffalo on....she instantly regretted her fast start! We made it back around, though, and she stood and turned around perfectly. What a good girl! Got back to the barn, untacked her and then gave her a bath. She wasn't keen on standing on the mats, so I just bathed her on the gravel. She was very good for her bath, didn't move a muscle and wasn't touchy or anything. She walked, got some down time, and then I headed over to her barn to do her up and give her lunch.

She isn't shy about food, that's for sure. Gave her lunch and she was content to stand like an angel while I brushed her and put her bandages on....WITH WrapLast this time. I coated them in it, so hopefully they will still be on her in the morning. With a kiss and a goodbye, I left her to finish munching.

Also wanted to mention Orange today..got to ride him for the first time and I think I might be in love with him. He has this huge fuzzy ears that are lopsided the entire time he gallops. He makes me smile.


:) Then again, they all do.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment