Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Got our first look at Lookin' at Lucky this morning. He looks great, seemed to like the track (even though it was horrible today). He is a gorgeous man. I'm on the alert for Sidney's Candy tomorrow, hopefully I'll get to see him. This is so exciting!

My kids were all pretty good today...Stormy continues to confuse with his weird head tilt and heaviness on right rein. We're thinking a lot of his weird habits are probably due to just that, habit, rather than actual pain. He seems to do everything else right, switches leads when I ask and jogs home sound. He needs to learn how to speak English and tell us that everything's okay. It's possible there's something hidden in that gorgeous long gallop stride of his, so I'll have to pay special attention to that tomorrow.

Ella had a moment today that required me pressing the "restart button"...after a bit of jogging she calmed down and was able to lope around on a nice, loose rein. I am determined to get her to understand that slow and easy is much better than fast and fighting, especially when that fighting includes her pounding on her own legs. She's the neatest horse ever, regardless. When she stops and poses on her way to the track every day, there's not a person on the track who wouldn't think she was a stakes horse. She's got more class than I originally thought.

Last ride on Cash today :( She definitely made it a good one (haha, in typical Cash fashion). Gave her kisses and told her to behave herself for them...I can always go visit her, she's right across the backside.

I am so blessed to be in this job right now. I have so much passion for this and I love the people who I work for/with every day...makes it *almost* easy to jump out of bed at 4:50 a.m. The horses are just great to ride and be around, I love being at Churchill...God is just so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment