Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Roses

I can't believe it's 18 days until Derby! Soon the track will be transformed to a swirl of media and fans...I'm grateful we've had the chance to get used to a quiet track beforehand so hopefully Derby time won't upset our horses too much. We have a lot of old professionals in the barn but some younger kids too, ones that haven't seen much yet. A few that may be a little nervous about the cameras and crowds are Diva, Alli, Gem, and maybe the new babies that are coming in tomorrow. Of course, they always surprise you. They might enjoy the attention.

Flash worked today...his first work back. He was amazing...nice and easy to the pole, finished up beautifully, never had to ask him for much. We went in pretty much the exact time that was wanted, which is probably the first time I've ever gotten a time right. :) Yay. He's such a classy little boy. He seemed to cool out well, so hopefully he'll continue to move forward and get back to the races soon.

Gem was the gold-star winner for today. He was an absolute professional...stood at the gap, stood at the wire, started off nice and easy, galloped great, and walked home totally chill. So proud of him! N caught a picture of us walking home:

Just love him. :) Actually, I love all of them. Very much. Cash and Turfy leave tomorrow and I'm really going to miss Cash. She is such a bad girl, but she loves to gallop and she loves her job, and her personality just rocks. I wish her the best with her "new" people!

Heard a rumor that Lookin' at Lucky was shipping in this afternoon. So excited that I actually get to be a "part" of Derby this year! As much as I loved galloping at the training center, to be in the middle of all the action....the thought just gives me goosebumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment