Thursday, April 15, 2010

Got to watch Lookin' at Lucky work today. He looked like he was just on cruise control, and I later found out he worked in 1:01 and change...he looked slower than that, so I am fairly impressed. He seems to handle the track well. I think this is my Derby horse. Scold me if you wish, but I am infatuated.

Also caught a glimpse of what I think was Crisp, Sadler's Oaks filly. She is a big, impressive looking filly. She was definitely looking around, at the gate/front side, but who can blame her. She wasn't being bad, just checking out the sights.

And briefly saw Ice Box galloping...he looked like a tough one to gallop, but seemed to be on his toes.

As far as "my" horses, it was just a long morning...one of those mornings that started off badly and just got worse and worse. Luckily all the horses seemed to work well and tomorrow we'll have more working. Blackie didn't get into her race but Ella is in on the 19th. She'll walk until then thanks to the stupid Dantrium rules in Indiana...but I really hope she runs well. If I didn't have class, I'd be riding up in the van with her. I *love* her so much.

Got to see my ClanClan today which was the highlight of my morning. I can't believe what an iron horse she has become. :) Going to visit her in the barn tomorrow after I get done with work...and can visit Cash while I'm there.
Hopefully more Derby/Oaks spottings tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment