Saturday, April 17, 2010

Speeding ticket!

Stormy's first work back was today! We got a bit of a speeding ticket, but he was CRUISING. I never had to ask him, he did it all on his own and galloped out like a champion. He has such a long, powerful stride...you feel like you're not flying, but you are. He is so incredible! He takes my breath away. If he were a man, I would marry him. Hopefully he comes out of the work well and can move forward from here.

It was fun riding under the lights this morning. Since we started training early (thanks, Derby horses) we got to train under the lights they use for the night races. It felt like being in Dubai :) And had a really, really good gallop on Flash, Butters and Bold. And Goldie, too, to think of it. Goldie started off really relaxed today and galloped around like a superstar. Flash loved the wet track and galloped like a champ, although I somehow managed to burn him on his side...I have no idea how. Couldn't figure out anything that could have done it, but I felt terrible...cried a little bit...he is the sweetest horse in the barn and I hurt him. Hopefully using the black "rub" pad on him will help from now on. Butters (Margy's new name) was much, much better today...stood pretty well and started off MUCH more professionally, relaxed into his gallop and did everything right. And Bold put a big huge smile on my face...he walked back until I asked him to jog, stood out at the wire for about five minutes without any fussing, walked off and then galloped around nice and easy. He just needs a lot of reassurance and sweet talking...but he is such a good soul...I really like him a lot and all the other people in the barn do too! I want him to make it, just like I want Stormy to get back to the races...projects keep me going :)

Time to go watch the Lexington...day off tomorrow, but I can't wait to get back to the barn on Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment